Well a few weeks ago we poured out our heart to a certain crafty item:
It was the Doodlebug holiday tree. Remember? *sigh.* It still makes us starry eyed.
We've had several questions on the darling little Valentine ornaments that hung daintily from the tree, created by Machelle Newman. These ornaments are really quite simple, and very fun to make! Plus, they lend themselves to hundreds of variations so that you can make a look that's totally unique to you! But here's the supplies Machelle used:
• My Mind's Eye "Be Loved" paper pack (get it before it's gone!)
• American Crafts ribbon
• Bazzill jewels and flowers
• Fire Hearts and Candy Cane Stickles
• George and Basic Shapes cartridges (for all the shapes of the hearts).
• 5x7 Cuttlebug embossing folder from the OMC Exclusive SHAPES pack (you can see it in the 4th picture down)
Machelle particularly focused on layering, as you'll notice in these close-ups. But again, the options are endless! Sometimes she frayed the edges of paper by cutting small slits all the way around the heart. Other times she cut small slits in the middle of a heart to run ribbon through, which we thought was a pretty touch. Check 'em out!
So there ya have it! Doesn't it look like such a fun project? One for the whole family! (Or, at least the females in the household). And...if you do try 'em out....be sure to share your finished project with us!