This fun little easel frame goes together in a few minutes and is perfect for matching any decor. Whether it’s for your desk and you place a picture of a loved one in it or its used to showcase a special item from an event it’s the perfect size to add a special touch anywhere. Make several of them and this simple frame can become a statement. Embellish or doodle on the paper, and it can become anything you want it to be!
Any die cutting machine: Sizzix Big Shot or Big Shot Express, Cuttlebug, Grand Calibur or Epic 6 etc. (non electronic, must be able to cut thick dies)
Scoreboard Die: Framed Easel
Little Sizzles: Matte board cut to 6 x 12
Adhesive: Sizzix Adhesive sheets (1 sheet if 6 x 12 or 2-6x6)
We R Memory Keepers: Merry January Designer pad – 1 sheet cut 6 x12 inches
Glitter Ritz: Ocean Spray micro glitter
Fantastix: Ink Embellishing tool
Ink: Jenni Bowlin: Brown Sugar
Embellishments: 3 miscellaneous buttons, 3 brads
Adhesive: Be Creative Tape 3mm for applying glitter, Glossy accents or Fabric Tac, your choice for applying buttons
Picture approximately 2 x 2 ½” (remember it needs to be larger than this to tape to back side of frame.
1. Trim snowflake paper and matte board to 6 x 12 inches.
2. Apply adhesive to mat board – peel one liner side off and rub firmly to attach adhesive to board then remove other side of liner.
3. Apply paper to matte board and rub firmly.
4. According to the machine used, layer the cutting sandwich with the matte board/paper and cut.
5. Before folding the scored sections, apply the adhesive tape around the frame window and outer edges being careful to make sure edges are square and even.
6. Pour an even amount of glitter over tape and shake off excess. Rub glitter with finger and watch the shine come out. Use glitter eraser to rub over glitter and remove any excess glitter. Its amazing how well this works.
7. Dab the Fantastix foam pen in the ink and ink edges. After scoring and assembly, ink scored folds to hide the white edges.
8. Tape picture into place.
9. Assemble the frame by folding scores and insert brads into holes.