“Live, Love, Scrap” Blocks by OMC designer Whitney!
Twelve Timbers Blocks (quantity: 3)
My Mind’s Eye : Stella Rose Hattie/Gertie: “Family” Paper Pack
Oh My Vinyl : Walnut and Maize
Sizzix : On the Edge Die - Mini Scallop and Pinking by Tim Holtz
Tim Holtz : Distress Ink Pad - Pumice Stone
Silhouette Digital Craft Cutter
1. With pencil, trace blocks on patterned paper, cut, distress edges and adhere onto blocks.
Tip: These blocks have painted beveled edges. Cut the patterned paper so it only covers the faces of the cubes, so the finished product shows off the beveled edges.
Tip: When adhering the paper to the blocks, make sure to adhere the paper completely. If not, the Mod Podge will cause the paper to lift off the block leaving unwanted waves and bubbles.
2. Using the Silhouette machine, prepare saying, “Live, Love Scrap” on computer. For this project, the font was Segoe Script, with an enlarged “L”, overlapped and welded letters cut with pale yellow (maize) vinyl.
3. On the Silhouette, copy and paste your finished “Live, Love Scrap” and with that copied image create a shadow at .8. Cut with dark brown (walnut) vinyl.
4. Layer the saying on top of its shadow.
5. Cut 3 strips of patterned paper the same width as the blocks and apply vinyl saying on each strip.
6. With dark brown vinyl, die cut 6 mini scallops and adhere across the top and bottom of the strips. Adhere to center of block.
7. Finish with a few layers of Mod Podge.