Place cards are fun way of decorating your table for that most special meal with family and friends. These cute little nests are filled with tiny eggs and grass that are handmade.
Viva Décor: Pearl Pens, assorted colors
Bazzill: Cardstock, assorted colors
Doodlebug: Petite Prints, green
Faber-Castel: Journaling Pitt Artist Pens, brown
Sizzix: Big Shot
Spellbinders: Nesting Ovals, small
Martha Stewart: Fringe Scissors
Tattered Angels: Misting Mat
General Craft: Small nests, paper clips, invisible tape
1. Gently squeeze with steady pressure a small amount of the pearl onto the misting mat, shaping into an egg as you go. Keep the tip at an angle while piping out the egg.
2. Dry at least 2 hours before trying to remove.
3. With a crafting spatula, gently lift from mat when dry.
1. Cut grass from petite prints with fringe scissors. Crumple strands up tightly and shake loose.
2. Divide equal amounts of grass for each nest. Press into bottom of nest.
1. Die cut a Spellbinders nesting oval die and then emboss (follow directions with die for the kind of die cutting tool you have).
2. After embossing, write name across tag using the brown journaling pen with a chisel tip.
3. Unbend a small paper clip half way and tape to back of tag and insert bottom of clip into grass.
TIP: Make sure eggs are completely dry before removing from mat. Pipe small dots around border of tag with pearl pens for more decoration.