We have so many occasions where we might give a gift card or some money: weddings, birthdays, graduations, recognition for a job well done, etc. The concept of this card can be adapted for any occasion with just a simple change of paper.
Oh My Crafts: cardstock: white, blue, purple, acid-free craft tape
Fancy Pants Design: Lilac House and To the Moon Collection Packs, rub-ons
Glitter Ritz: Cool Highlights and glitter magnet, Be Creative tape
3 L: foam squares
Copic markers: Ciao V15
Martha Stewart: scoreboard
My Pink Stamper: Everyday Life
Pink By Design: Simply Everything
Martha Stewart punches: Cherish and Bubblebath
Spellbinders: Labels One S4-161
Gift Card Holder:
1. Trim double-sided paper to 10¾" x 4".
2. Make one score at 3½" and the next score line 3½" from the first one. Fold on score lines.
3. Insert right section of card into trimmer and line up from the last score line (closest to right side) on a diagonal to the opposite corner. Once trimmed, fold on score line to make pocket. Use the acid-free craft tape along the bottom of diagonal section and glue together. Ink edges with matching color.
4. Trim a 1" or 1½" piece of contrasting paper for the belly-band. Fold around entire card with the ends matching in the middle on the top with a 1" overlap.
5. Cut a 3¼" square of dark cardstock and punch corners first and then edges with Martha Stewart punches.
6. Cut a 2" square of light cardstock and die cut bracket shape using Spellbinders Label One. Apply rub-on to bracket.
7. Mount the light colored cardstock (with foam squares if desired) to dark cardstock. Then attach cardstock layer to belly band.
8. For inside cover, depending upon card, apply sticker or cut 2 more bracket shapes and layer. Stamp with sentiment. Use a quickie glue pen to trace around bracket and then apply glitter. Shake off excess.
9. If desired, place Be Creative tape just barely away from diagonal edge. Remove liner, cover with cool highlights. Shake off excess and rub finger over glitter.
10. Stamp sentiment on diagonal pocket.
11. Color glitter line in with Copic marker.
12. Slide belly-band over card.
-Outline stickers or brackets to give a little more dimension.
-Craft tape is very strong and great for holding pockets in place.
-Covers can be embellished even more.