2 Birds of a Feather Album by OMC designer Lindsey!
Tattered Angels : Color Kits - Prima's Favorites, Parisian Anthology, Soiree, Daily Junque
Doodlebug : Sugar Coating Glitter
My Mind's Eye : Lost and Found Brads - Portobello Road
7gypsies : Clearstamp - Numero
Prima : Say It In Crystals - Vine Swirl (Black Diamond)
Maya Road : Bird Coaster Album
Maya Road : Trinket Pins
Bazzill Basics : Coordinating Cardstock Colors
Sizzix : Movers & Shapers Die Set : Mini Tickets by Tim Holtz
Sizzix : Movers & Shapers Die Set : Mini Bird & Cage by Tim Holtz
Oh My Vinyl : Stormy Grey
Cricut : Doodletype Cartridge
Pre-Cut Doily Cardstock
White Sticker Letters
Fine tip black marker
1. Remember that you can stamp on most ribbons - you aren’t limited to paper.
2. Layer, layer, layer!
3. You can write directly on the chipboard album. You don’t always have to write on paper and then mount it.
4. Make sure to shake and swirl the Tattered Angels mists and paints every time before using them. Also make sure to rinse out your paint brush!
5. Make it personal! Add inside jokes or things that are just between best friends!
6. If you get stuck on a page, move on to the next, then come back to it later.
1. Using the Tattered Angels color kits, paint, mist, or glaze the different pages of the chipboard bird album in the colors you choose. Add texture to the pages by using glitter or masks. For this album, the cover and the back were painted green and covered in glitter.
2. Once all surfaces are colored and dry, begin decorating each page.
1. Cut our a Tim Holtz ticket and ink the edges. Using the Doodletype cartridge and the Stormy Grey vinyl, cut out the phrase, “2 birds of a feather flock together” small enough to fit on the Tim Holtz ticket.
2. Along the bottom of the bird glue down a strip of zipper ribbon. Cut the top portion of the Prima Say It In Crystals embellishment and stick it to the face of the bird. Glue the Tim Holtz ticket on top of the zipper ribbon.
2. Take one of the paper doilies and spray it with the Tattered Angels glimmer mist. When it is dry, crinkle the edges and attach a Prima flower on top of it. Attach the doily/flower element to the album. Push a Maya Road trinket pin into the center of the bird.
1. Ink the edges of the bird and write “why you are my best friend…” along the top of the bird, starting near the tail.
2. Paint a paper doily and attach it to the bottom left side of the belly of the bird. Cut off the extra paper of the doily and save for later. Cut 2 small Tim Holtz tickets, ink the edges, and write your message. Attach one to the belly of the bird, one on the head. Stamp "No. 1" at the top of the bird in the center of the page.
3. Take the chipboard letters “b” and “f” and paint with Glimmer glam. While the paint is still wet, sprinkle the letters with Doodlebug glitter. Attach to the bird on opposite sides of the tickets.
1. Take the white sticker letters and spell "laugh", along the head of the bird.
2. Cut white strips of cardstock and write saying on the strips. Attach to the belly of the bird. Cut out a fleur de lis shape, paint with the Glimmer Glam, and glue to the bottom of the bird. Glue a piece of lace ribbon slightly over the fleur de lis. Attach a button embellishment to the left side of the lace ribbon.
3. Cut a piece of the zipper ribbon and stamp "No. 2" onto the white portion of the ribbon. Attach the zipper ribbon on top of the lace ribbon.
1. Paint a piece of the die-cut doily, sprinkle it with glitter, and attach to the left side of the bird. Cut off extra pieces and save for later pages.
2. Cut a big Tim Holtz ticket, ink the edges, write your message, and glue in the center of the bird.
3. Glue a strip of the lace ribbon at the bottom of the ticket. On the head of the bird stamp "No. 3".
4. Glue a My Mind's Eye brad to the left side of the ticket and stick in a Maya Road trinket pin.
1. Cut out the bird cage and bird from the Sizzix die and glue it onto the left side of the album page. Trace the birdcage with glue and sprinkle with black glitter. Cut out a white flower and attach it on top of the bird cage.
2. Stamp "No. 4" to the left of the bird cage, and to the right write your message. Along the edge of the head of the bird, write “inspiration” or another applicable word.
1. Take the extra piece of the doily from Page 3 and attach to the bottom of the bird. Cut out an accent piece from the Bazzill cardstock and write your message on it. Place several brads through the accent piece and glue down to the center of the album page.
2. Stamp "No. 5" on the left side of the accent piece.
3. Take a piece of the lace ribbon and attach it across the accent piece.
1. Paint a piece of the die-cut doily and attach to the top of the bird. Glue down a piece of lace ribbon around the neck of the bird. Attach embellishments and other decorative elements. Stamp the number symbol and the number "6". Cut out a Tim Holtz ticket, write your message, and attach it to the page.
To finish the album, tie the pages together using the doily ribbon or any other ribbon of your choosing. If you have any other questions about this project, feel free to contact Lindsey at firstname.lastname@example.org with "2 Birds of a Feather Album" as your subject.