Orange Table Display Created by OMC Designers Whitney, Machelle, and Lindsey!
Autumn Paper Pumpkin Created by OMC Designer Lindsey!
(Popular project from 2010!)
"The Spider's Web" Paper Pack by My Mind’s Eye (or any other paper kit)
Sizzix Bigz Die : Tattered Leaves by Tim Holtz
Tsukineko Versafine Ink - Vintage Sepia
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist: Tattered leather, Copper, Pumpkin Pie and Black Magic
Zip Dry Glue
Bazzill Cardstock : Cashmere
25 strips of paper (1" x 12")
- 5 strips of each style of paper
1 Circle 3 ¾"
1 Circle 1 ¾"
10 leaves from Sizzix die
1 Cardstock strip: 2 ½" x 10"
3 Strips ¼" x 12" black/cream vine floral print
1. Separate the 1" x 12" paper strips into 5 piles (one pile for each paper design).
2. Starting with the first pattern, line up the strips along the edge of the 3 ¾" circle. The strips will overlap each other. Rotate through the piles to make the pattern of the pumpkin.
2. Staple the strips around the edge of the circle. When completed, it should look like a sun with beams.
3. Staple the other side of the strips together, three strips at a time. Staple them so that they have some give and curve in a “C” shape. Repeat around the entire pumpkin, then staple all stapled sections together. When finished, you should have the basic shape of a pumpkin.
4. Using all the Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, mist the 1 ¾" circle and glue it to the top of the pumpkin. You want to cover the staples where the strips are joined.
5. Mist the 2 ½" x 10" cardstock strip in the following order: Pumpkin pie, Copper, Tattered Leather and Black Magic. When the strip is dry, twist it into a coil. Glue the paper to hold its coil shape, and staple it at the bottom. This will be the stem.
6. Glue the stem down in the center of the top of pumpkin, covering the staples.
7. Using all the Glimmer Mist colors, mist all 10 leaves.
8. Wrap the ¼" strips around a pen to make them coil. Next, glue a leaf to one end of each coil. Glue the other end of the strip to the base of stem.
9. Glue remaining leaves to the ¼" strips, and around the base of the stem to hide the glue circle.
Pumpkin Teeth Created by OMC designer Whitney
Bazzill Cardstock: Orange
Oh My Crafts Vinyl: Ebony (Black)
American Crafts: Nightfall Adhesive Chalk Labels
1. Cut orange paper about 4” x 10” and insert into the pail.
2. Cut out a jack-o-lantern face with black vinyl and apply to the pail. This pumpkin face was made from the eclips cartridge: Halloween and Scaredy Cat.
3. Fill pail with Candy Corn
4. On the lid of the jar apply a chalk label with the words “pumpkin teeth” written on it.
Canvas Board Halloween House by OMC Designer Machelle
12"x16" Canvas Board
Oh My Crafts : My Color Paint - Carrot, Black
Oh My Vinyl : Ebony, Transfer Tape
Cricut : October 31 Cartridge
Jolees Boutique : Glitter Spiders Dimensional Stickers
Bazzill Basics : Self Adhesive Jewels
1. Paint the canvas board using carrot paint. (I mixed a little black with the orange to and add a touch of black to the canvas.) Let it dry for several hours.
2. Use October 31st Cricut Cartridge cut the haunted house 9” from any vinyl you may have doesn’t matter the color. Weed out the center of the house leaving only the outline and removing small pieces to show all the details from the house. When finished apply transfer tape to the house. Remove backing from the house and then apply to the canvas board, Making sure to press firmly around all the edges of the house and all details. When finished remove the transfer tape from the vinyl leaving the outline of the house on the board.
3. Using the black paint, paint the inside area of the house. Make sure not to get paint in any area outside of the vinyl. Try not to brush too hard using more dabbing not brushing so you don’t get paint under the edges of the house. I used two coats of paint and then let it dry for several hours. After it is dry remove the vinyl and your haunted house will appear.
TIP: When applying the vinyl to the canvas I placed the canvas board on the table face down then used the squeegee and applied a lot of pressure to ensure that all the edges were firmly applied to the canvas board.
4. Cut Webs from October 31st cartridge small web 4” and large web 6 ½” follow the same process as you did for the house.
5. After completely dry add spiders and jewels as you desire.
Now it is ready to hang on your wall or use in any Halloween display. Enjoy!!!!