Canvas Board Halloween House by OMC Designer Machelle
12"x16" Canvas Board
Oh My Crafts : My Color Paint - Carrot, Black
Oh My Vinyl : Ebony, Transfer Tape
Cricut : October 31 Cartridge
Jolees Boutique : Glitter Spiders Dimensional Stickers
Bazzill Basics : Self Adhesive Jewels
1. Paint the canvas board using carrot paint. (I mixed a little black with the orange to and add a touch of black to the canvas.) Let it dry for several hours.
2. Use October 31st Cricut Cartridge cut the haunted house 9” from any vinyl you may have doesn’t matter the color. Weed out the center of the house leaving only the outline and removing small pieces to show all the details from the house. When finished apply transfer tape to the house. Remove backing from the house and then apply to the canvas board, Making sure to press firmly around all the edges of the house and all details. When finished remove the transfer tape from the vinyl leaving the outline of the house on the board.
3. Using the black paint, paint the inside area of the house. Make sure not to get paint in any area outside of the vinyl. Try not to brush too hard using more dabbing not brushing so you don’t get paint under the edges of the house. I used two coats of paint and then let it dry for several hours. After it is dry remove the vinyl and your haunted house will appear.
TIP: When applying the vinyl to the canvas I placed the canvas board on the table face down then used the squeegee and applied a lot of pressure to ensure that all the edges were firmly applied to the canvas board.
4. Cut Webs from October 31st cartridge small web 4” and large web 6 ½” follow the same process as you did for the house.
5. After completely dry add spiders and jewels as you desire.
Now it is ready to hang on your wall or use in any Halloween display. Enjoy!!!!