Day 11 - Christmas Popcorn Gift Box
Thursday, November 24, 2011
Christmas Popcorn Gift Box
Created by OMC Designer Lindsey
Sizzix : Bigz Die - Tree, Christmas & Snowflakes
Sizzix : Textured Impressions Embossing folder 2pk - Christmas & Thin Ice Set
We R Memories Keepers : Peppermint Twist 12" x 12" Scrapbook Pad
Bazzill Basics : 12" x 12" Cardstock - Walnut (Brown), Emerald City (Green), Raspberry Parfait (Red), Blank Check (Tan)
Tim Holtz : Distress Ink Pad - Brushed Corduroy
Clearsnap : Stephanie Barnard ColorBox Dye Inkpad - Spearmint
My Mind’s Eye : Everyday Fun Twine
Martha Stewart : Punch All Over the Page - Flourish Square
Echo Park : Holly Jolly Clear Stamps
Red Chunky Glitter
NOTE: The box that the Sizzix die comes in is not labeled as food safe. To make sure your food is handled with care, add a clear plastic bag around your treats, or use pre-packaged treats.
1. Take the box the Sizzix Christmas Tree came in and wash it out with dish safe soap. Once the box is dry, cut the Emerald City cardstock to fit inside box.
2. Cut two strips of cardstock to wrap around box. Cut the Raspberry Parfait strip 2¼" wide, and the Blank Check strip 1¾" wide. Emboss the Blank Check strip using the embossing folder that says "Merry Christmas", and ink the raised areas and edges with the Brushed Corduroy ink pad. Layer the strips with the Blank Check strip on top of the Raspberry Parfait and glue together. Wrap the layered cardstock around the box and glue together.
3. Cut out the Sizzix Christmas Tree die, once with Walnut cardstock, then with the dot paper from the Peppermint Twist scrapbook pad. Ink the dot paper branch edges with the Spearmint ink pad. Cut out the trunk from the Walnut cardstock tree and adhere it to the center of the dot paper. Punch out a Martha Stewart Flourish Square out of the Blank Check cardstock, ink the edges with the Spearmint ink pad, and stamp "to:" and "from:" using the Echo Park Holly Jolly clear stamps. Punch a hole in the top right corner of the Flourish Square.
4. Take the Christmas Tree and wrap a piece of twine around the center of the trunk, then string the twine through the hole in the Flourish Square tag and tie. Adhere the Christmas Tree to the layered cardstock in the center of the box.
5. Fill your box with popcorn or other Christmas treats!
CLICK HERE to view all the products used in this project!