Created by OMC Designer Jill
Oh My Crafts : Wood Designs - LUCKY letters
EK Success : EK Tools - 1 Inch Circle Punch
Sizzix : eclips Cartridge - Holidays (for small shamrocks)
Inkssentials : Blending Tool - Applicator Foam
3L Foam Squares
Doodlebug : Sugar Coated Cardstock - Limeade
Doodlebug : Sugar Coated Cardstock - Sweetpea
Bazzil Basics : Limeade Trio Cardstock Multipack
Cuttlebug : Embossing Folders - Winter Wonderland and Preserves
Ranger Ink - Archival Ink Pad - Library Green
EK Success : EK Tools - ½ Inch Circle Punch
Doodlebug : Jewels - Limeade
Petite Deco Wire - Green
Black Craft Paint
1. Paint the sides and back of each letter with black craft paint.
2. Trace each letter onto cardstock. I used Doodlebug Sugar coated Limeade for the L, Bazzill Basics Limeade Trio for the U, C, and Y and Doodlebug Sugar Coated Sweet Pea for the K. Cut out each letter.
3. Emboss the paper letters with an embossing folder. I embossed the L with the Cuttlebug Preserves embossing folder and the K with Cuttlebug Winter Wonderland embossing folder.
4. Cut out 12 - 1" dots and 15 - ½" dots out of coordinating cardstock. I used Sweet Pea.
5. Glue each letter onto their coordinating piece of wood using the Mod Podge. Press down firmly making sure all edges are secure. I used a brayer to really get the paper down well! Allow time to fully dry.
6. While the letters are drying you can file the sides of the letters with a large nail file to distress the edges and clean up any overhanging paper.
7. Glue the 1" and ½" dots on the U and the Y using Mod Podge. I bent some of the dots over the edges of the letters and cut them off to make it look as if the dots were hanging off the edges of the paper.
8. Ink the edges of all of the letters using a coordinating ink and the Inkssentials blending tool. I used the Library Green Archival Ink Pad.
9. Once the Mod Podge is completely dry, paint a second coat over the letters to give it a glossy finish.
10. Embellish the C with Doodlebug Limeade Jewels.
11. Cut out two small shamrocks using the Sizzix eclips Holiday cartridge. Cut 2 shapes and 2 shadows. Put together using the 3L Foam Squares to give it a 3D effect.
12. Attach the shamrocks to the letters L and Y using the Green Petite Deco Wire.