Christmas Tag Box
Created by OMC Designer Lindsey
Making Memories : Twinkle Christmas Paper
Tim Holtz : Stamps - Just Believe, Winter Wonder
Tim Holtz : Distress Ink Pads - Walnut Stain, Fired Brick
Sizzix : eclips Cartridge - Christmas and Traditions
Making Memories : Distress Tool
Mister Huey's : Color Mists
Bazzill Basics : 12" x 12" Cardstock
Oh My Crafts : Exclusive OMC Acid Free Craft Tape
Box with Lid
1. Take the Mister Huey's color mists and spray the inside of the box and lid. Make sure to get the edges of the box as well. Once the box and lid are dry, work on the outside of the box.
2. Cut strips of paper to fit the sides of the box. Ink the edges of the paper to blend with the box. Adhere the paper to the sides.
3. Cut three strips of Java cardstock 2 ¼" x 7 ¼". Score the paper where the edge of the box is so that the score line fits against the box. Use two more strips to create three divided sections. There should be a total of 4 divided sections. Use the adhesive OMC craft tape to adhere the paper to the sides of the box. One section should be for large tags or cards. The other two are for tags and embellishments such as brads or ribbon.
NOTE: Choose the size of tag or card before putting the divider sections into the box. Make sure that you test the items in the box before adhering dividers to the box.
4. Once the inside of the box is done, make sure that your tags and cards fit into the divided sections.
5. For the lid, cut strips of paper to cover the sides, and ink the edges. For the top edge of the lid, cut strips of paper to fit along the edge, and cut on an angle for the corners. Cut 2 strips of paper 1" x 12" and ink the edges. Use these 2 strips to create a cross for the top of the box. Fold and adhere around the edge of the lid.
6. For the bow, cut 3 strips of paper 1" x 12" and ink the edges. Take one strip, cut it down to 7 1/2”, and staple the ends together. Cut the next strip down to 6” and staple the edges. Cut the last strip down to 4 ½" and staple the edges. Layer the three strips of paper. Wrap a strip of paper 1" x 3" around the three strips in the center where the middle of the bow should be. Cut a final strip 1" x 7 ½" and cut accents in ends to look like ribbon. Adhere this piece underneath the three wrapped strips, and glue the entire piece to the center of the box.