Trick or Treat Wood Phrase
Created by OMC Designer Jill
Doodlebug : Haunted Manor Paper : Witchy Way, Tombstone, Going Batty, Punkin Party, Night Owls
Doodlebug : Glitter - Purple,Orange, Green
Martha Stewart : Acrylic Craft Paint - Beetle Black
Martha Stewart : Carnival Pom Pom Spider Stickers
Versafine Ink: Onyx
Stickles : Purple, Black Diamond, Paprika
Quickie Glue Pen
1. Trace the wood letters onto the paper you want to use and cut the shapes out.
2. Paint the edges and the back of each letter. Paint the wood block that the letters will sit on.
3. Glue the papers to the letters using Mod Podge. Press firmly to adhere well. Let dry completely.
4. Apply a coat of Mod Podge to the letters that you want glittered. Quickly pour glitter over the letter and lightly press the glitter down into the Mod Podge. Tap off any excess glitter onto a piece of paper. You can put the excess glitter back into its container this way. Do this to each letter that you want glittered. Let dry.
5. Using a large nail file, file off any excess paper from each letter.
6. Ink the edges using the black ink and a sponge applicator.
7. Ink the edges of the glittered letters.
8. Use Stickles on the paper covered letters to add more dimension. Let dry.
9. Cut the words “smell my feet” out of black cardstock. Using an adhesive like Glossy Accents or a Quickie Glue pen, fill in a letter and quickly sprinkle Doodlebug glitter onto the wet glue and press lightly. Tap off any excess glitter and put back into its jar. Do this to each letter. Let dry.
10. Attach the wood letters to the top of the long wood board using a strong adhesive and let each letter dry completely.
11. Glue the words “smell my feet” to the front of the long wood board.
12. Embellish with some fun Halloween spiders or bats. I used the Martha Stewart Spider Stickers!
13. Display … and have a Happy Halloween!