12 Days of Christmas - Day 1 Poinsettia Take Out Box
Thursday, November 8, 2012
Welcome to the Oh My Crafts 12 Days of Christmas! We want to help you use your scraps to wrap up your Christmas in style. For the next twelve days, we'll have great ideas for boxes, gifts, and gift toppers. We hope you enjoy!
Poinsettia Take Out Box
Created by OMC Designer Jill
Sizzix : Bigz - Box, Take Out Carton
Sizzix : Flower #2 Die
BoBunny : Rejoice Paper - Jubilee
Bazzill Basics : 12x12 Cardstock - Kraft
Tim Holtz : Adirondack Color Wash - Cranberry
EKSuccess : Snowflake Punch
Inkadinkado : Winter Fun Inchie Bundle Stamp
We R Memory Keepers : Glitter Brads - Neutral
Inkssentials: Glossy Accents
Ranger Ink : Stickles Glitter Glue - Diamond
Tim Holtz : Distress Ink Pad -Vintage Photo
Floss / Jute / Twine
Fiskars: Crimping Tool
1. Using the Bo Bunny Rejoice Paper, cut out a Sizzix Take Out Carton. Fold and glue together. Ink the edges of the box with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo.
2. Using the Bazzil Kraft Paper, cut out 2 flowers with the Sizzix Flower #2 die.
3. Send the cut out flower through a crimping tool.
4. Color the paper with Tim Holtz Adirondack Color Wash Cranberry. Let Dry.
5. Cut into the center of the flower slightly to give the petals more movement.
6. Paint the glossy accents onto the front of your flower with your finger. As it is drying, bend the ends of the petals inward to curl them.
7. Place your two flowers on top of each other and secure together with the large brad from the We R Memory Keepers Neutral Glitter Brad Collection. I pulled the pollen off an old flower to give the brad a more realistic look
8. Punch out large snowflakes using the EK Snowflake. Punch out the small snowflakes with EK punch Snow Flurries. Ink the edges and slightly glitter with Stickles.
9. Tie the box up with jute.
10. Attach the snowflakes onto the sides of the box
11. Adhere the flower securely with Inkssentials Glossy Accents.
12. Cut out a small square tag and stamp with the Inkadinkado Winter Fun Inchey stamp.
13. Tie the tag onto your box.
14. Share with a friend!