12 Days of Christmas - Day 9 Large Gift Tag
Friday, November 16, 2012
Oh My Crafts' 12 Days of Christmas - Day 9
Large Gift Tag
Created by OMC Designer Lindsey
Tim Holtz: Distress Ink: frayed jeans, crushed olive
Bo Bunny : Mistletoe Paper - Countdown, Wrap
Canvas Corp : E-Flute 12"X12" White Open Stock
Martha Stewart : Cottage Christmas Paper Pad
Stickles Dry Fine Glitter
1. Cut a corrugated cardboard into tag shape.
Ink edges first with blue ink, then with the green ink.
Blend with a distress tool.
2. Cut a piece of striped paper just smaller than the corrugated tag base, ink edges with ink, and mount on a red print. Leaving a red outline border around the striped tag.
3. Take some red glitter paper and use the punch to create a scallop border.
Punch enough of the scallop border to go around the entire tag.
Use a liquid glue so that you can move the scallop in place.
4 Mount all layers together. Cut two strips of twine to use as the strings for the ornaments. Cut two ornaments in contrasting paper, ink the edges, and cut strips of paper to lay across the ornaments as stripes.
Ink the edges of the ornaments with coordinating ink.
On the top of the ornaments use Glossy Accents and silver glitter. Wait for the ornament to dry.
5. Cut the phrase "Happy Holidays" on the cclips in size 1.50”. Cut out a shadow first, then cut the layering letters. Ink the letters before gluing them together. Glue letters to tag.
6. Stamp circle tag and ink the edges in blue. Stamp "to: from:" in black ink. Punch a small hole at top, run a silver glitter brad through the hole to attach the brad.