Mason Jar Wood Shapes
Created by OMC Designer Sandy
OMC: Wood Mason Jar Set
Bo Bunny: Apple Cider Paper - Hickory, Pumpkin Patch
Sakura: Quickie Glue Pen
Ranger: Dry Stickle Fine Glitter – Lime green, Platinum
Tim Holtz: Walnut Distress Ink, Blending tool
Martha Stewart Paint: Acorn,
Fran:tage: Embossing Enamels – Age Bronze
General Craft Supply: Mod Podge – Matte, Foam brush, ribbon, twine or fabric
1. Sand edges of jars. Trace paper for front of jar and trim out.
2. Paint jars (sides and back) let dry.
3. Apply an even layer of Mod Podge to front of jars from neck down. Place paper over Mod Podge and smooth out then roll over with brayer to remove any air bubbles.
4. Use an embossing glue to cover top, sides and front of cap. Place a creased piece of paper under jars and cover liberally with embossing enamel. Use heat tool to emboss. This is the fun part!
5. Ink edges of jars and lightly go over the exposed sides and back of jars with blending tool to “dirty” the paint a bit.
6. Color in desired leaves, stems etc. with glue pen and then cover with glitter. Let dry for a few minutes before shaking off. When glitter is very dry cover with Mod Podge to seal if desired.
7. Tie Ribbon around neck of jar.