Here's some especially cute project ideas we found from Provo Craft, using the Cricut.
Celebrations cartridge, Accent Essentials cartridge
Graphically Speaking cartridge
Tinkerbell and Friends cartridge
Lastly, we highly suggest making National Scrapbooking Day a party that lasts all week. That's undoubtedly what we plan on doing. Heck, make it last all year! Here's a few more ways to celebrate:
• Work on your contest submissions for Oh My Crafts! (That's right...we've extended the deadline indefinitely!)
• Donate a few scrapbook items to a scrapbooker in need!
• If you work this coming Saturday—take the day off (or off early, at least!) This is your day!! Send the kids to the neighbor so you can really get to work.
• Write a letter to Congress requesting this day be recognized as a National Holiday (but only if you're really bored. Which you shouldn't be with all that crafting you've got to get to...)
• Ooooh! Oooh! Here's a good one: Sign yourself up for the October 2009 Oh My Crafts Canada/New England crafting cruise!
• And finally, after you're signed up and sitting pretty with our cruise, do a little shopping on our site for those crafting items that you need. Naturally, we don't recommend waiting until Saturday—we've got deals planned for the entire week! These savings are so superb your bank account won't even realize you spent any money!
Happy weekend, and happy Cricuting!