To help celebrate Earth Day we'd like to present the “You Simply Shine” Card by OMC designer Whitney! She created this card using recycled craft packaging to show how we can help save our environment even when crafting.
Leftover plastic packaging (from Cricut Cartridges, Spellbinders, Sizzix, or any clear plastic packaging you might have)
Crate Paper : Toy Box Collection Kit
Unity Stamp : Giving It All Meaning
Unity Stamp : Shine On!
Clearsnap : Color Box Ink Pad- Glacier Lake and Mudslide
Bazzill Basics : In Stitch’z Kit and Yellow Floss
We R Memory Keepers : Crop-a-Dile: Corner Chomper
We R Memory Keepers : Crop-a-Dile: Eyelet and Snap Punch
American Crafts : Mini Brads - White
Bazzill Cardstock : Pale Yellow and White
1. Cut 6x11 ½” patterned paper, distress with teal ink, and fold in half.
2. In the center of white cardstock, cut out a 2” circle, discard the circle and keep the negative. Poke 6 holes coming out from the center for each rays of the sun. Stitch with yellow floss.
Tip: When poking holes, leave enough room from the inside of the circle so the paper doesn’t rip when you add the floss.
3. On pale yellow paper cut out a 2 ½” circle and stamp Giving it all Meaning with brown ink onto the circle. Adhere to the back of the white paper so it fills in the empty circle.
4. Trim a square around the sun and round the corners with the Crop-a-Dile Corner Chomper. Distress with teal ink pad.
5. Stamp a sentiment from Shine On, on smooth white paper with teal ink. Trim rectangle around the sentiment and round the corners with Crop-a-Dile. Add a pale yellow border and distress edges with teal ink. Punch two holes, one on each side and weave tulle through. Hide the tulle ends behind the bottom of the sun paper.
6. Adhere the paper with the sun and sentiment onto card base.
7. Cut 6x5 ¾” of leftover clear packaging and assemble over the entire card front with 4 white brads, one in each corner.