4th of July Party Mailbox Created by OMC Designer Whitney
Petersen-Arne : Craft Pedlers Paper Mache Box Mail Small Kraft
Oh My Vinyl : Ruby Glitter Vinyl
Cricut Cartridge : Designer’s Calendar
Oh My Crafts : My Color Acrylic Paint - Bright White and Major Brown
Tombow : Fastener Tabs (Velcro)
1. Paint mailbox white with brown ends. Apply 2-3 coats of paint.
2. Using Designer’s Calendar cut desired phrases at 5” with vinyl. When using the Cricut machine to cut vinyl, situate the settings with the blade depth 5 and low pressure.
TIP: If there is no shadow option available, create your own shadow by applying the cut image to the desired background color and trim around the edges leaving a ¼” border.
3. Cut two ¾”x 14” strips out of 12”x24” glitter vinyl.
4. Attach fastener tabs on both ends of each strip of vinyl and attach to the mailbox. Attach another fastener tab to the vinyl phrase and attach to the side of the mailbox.
5. Create your own flag by cutting out the flag using cardboard. Paint the flag, apply vinyl saying, and add trim around the edges.
TIP: Change out the side strips and phrase for different occasions such as an invitation holder for the 4th of July, a place to put gift cards for a Bridal Showers, a Valentine Mailbox, or a place to store Christmas Cards.