4th of July Cones Décor Created by OMC Designer Whitney
Petersen-Arne : Craft Pedlers Paper Mache Set Cones Tall Kraft Set of 3
Oh My Crafts : My Color Acrylic Paint - Bright White and Admiral
Doodlebug : Sugar Coating Glitter
Silver Craft Wire
Use any of these Cricut Cartridges to cut stars: A Child’s Year, Accent Essentials, Ashlyn’s Alphabet, Celebrations, Doodlecharms, Doodletype, Sesame Street Font, Simply Street, Pagoda, Hannah Montana, Home Décor, Indie Art, or Makin the Grade.
Bazzill Basics : 12”x12” Cardstock : Kisses (red), White, Admiral (blue), and Classic Yellow
1. Paint the cones with 2-3 coats of red, white, or blue paint.
2. Glitter the cones.
a. If using glitter, apply mod podge or spray adhesive and then sprinkle on glitter.
b. If using spray paint, take outside, spray and let dry.
3. Punch a hole at the bottom of the cone and stick one end of wire into the hole. Bend the wire to secure it inside the cone.
4. Wrap the wire around the cone so it spirals around the cone.
5. Cut stars out of red, white and blue paper with Cricut in various sizes ranging from ¾” to 5”. Embellish with Stickles, Mark Richards Metal Stickers and emboss with embossing folders.
6. Adhere stars to the wire using hot glue or Oh My Crafts: Exclusive Acid Free Craft Tape. These cones have the larger stars at the bottom of the cone and gradually gets smaller at the top.