Gift Box for Dad created by OMC designer Whitney!
· Karen Foster : Six-Pack Favor-its Box
· Tim Holtz : Adirondack Alcohol Ink Applicator Tool
· Tim Holtz : Adirondack Alcohol Blending Solution
· Tim Holtz : Adirondack Metallic Mixatives Gold & Silver and Miner’s Lantern Kit (includes Pitch Black)
· Darice : Graphic 45: Core’dinations: 12x12 Assorted Paper: Timeless
· Darice : Sand It Gadget Tool with Sandpaper
· Tim Holtz : Embellishments - Hitch Fasteners, Chain Tassels, Pen Nibs, Ornate Plates, Mini Paperclips, Odds and Ends Stamp Set
· 7Gypsies : Embellishments - Paper Fasteners, Hardware Gears, Chains w/Clasp, ATC Gator Clips
· Melt Art : Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel
1. Drip Pitch Black alcohol ink onto applicator tool and apply onto boxes. Then add a few dots of gold alcohol ink to the applicator tool and apply onto boxes. Smear the gold dots by adding Blending Solution to the applicator tool and twisting it on the box sides. Repeat this same process for the paper strip that holds the boxes together.
Tip: Alcohol inking works great for covering these boxes because it is a smooth surface that water-based ink pads won’t stay on and it is fast.
2. Lightly sand the Graphic 45 Core’dinations black paper to reveal the tan clocks. Trace and cut 3 lids, score the edges where they need to bend and adhere to the boxes. Trace and cut 3 more box lids with tan Core’dinations paper and adhere to box lids.
Tip: If white is left showing on the box lid, trim it off or color it with a black Copic marker or permanent marker.
3. With a 1/8” hole punch (We R Memory Keepers : Crop-A-Dile : EYELET & SNAP PUNCH PINK) punch a hole at the tip of the lids and assemble a Tim Holtz Hitch Fastener as knobs to open and close the boxes.
1. Adhere a few 7 Gypsies gears to each box.
Tip: Fabritac or hot glue works best for these gears.
Tan Box 1
1. Stamp sentiment (WISH) on white cardstock and trim so it fits in the Tim Holtz Ornate Frame. Cover the white cardstock sentiment with clear ink pad and heat emboss with Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel. Adhere sentiment to frame. Attach brads to frame and adhere metal tassel to the bottom of frame. Adhere frame to box lid.
Tan Box 2
1. Alcohol ink one 7 Gypsies Chain and two Gator Clips gold. Clip the chain with wire-cutters so it is the length of the lid and adhere to box. Attach the Gator Clips to the chain.
2. Stamp sentiment on white paper, trim around edges, use scissors to distress the edges, clamp two page fasteners at the left side of sentiment. Attach to Gator Clips.
Tan Box 3
1. Stamp ticket on white paper , lightly ink with brown ink pad, then trim around the edges. Attach Tim Holtz Mini Paper Clips to the ticket and adhere to lid.
2. Adhere 3 pen nibs to the corner of the lid.
To see this box being made step by step, check out our USTREAM video with OMC designer Whitney!