Happy 4th of July Banner by OMC designer Machelle!
Doodlebug : Let’s Kit Together - Uncle Sam
Ranger Ink : Stickles Glitter Glue - Red, Denim, Pearl
Cricut : Expression Machine
Cricut Cartridge : Plantin Schoolbook
Oh My Crafts Vinyl : Ladybug Red, White, Admiral Blue
White ¼ ribbon (not included in paper kit)
Twine or thread (not included in paper kit)
1. Cut printed paper: sew American, Starts stripes and Yankee doodles, into eight pieces 3"x12". Fold pieces back and forth accordion style and then fold in half and attach end together as shown to form a circle.
2. Cut eight 2 ½" circles using Plantin Schoolbook cartridge, from cardstock in Doodlebug kit.
3. Using Oh My Crafts Vinyl cut out the phrase "July 4th" in size 1 ¼" from the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge using the shadow mode.
4. Attach 2 ½" circles to folded printed circles.
5. Attach vinyl letters to circles.
6. Using polka dot organdy ribbon cut length you desire to hang your banner.
7. Punch holes in each folded circle and cut white ribbon and thread through each hole. Tie ends and then tie ends to polka dot organdy ribbon.
8. Cut eight 3" pieces of gingham ribbon and tie in knot to top of white ribbon where it is tied to polka dot ribbon as shown.
9. Attach star buttons from kit by threading twine or thread through holes in buttons and then tie to polka dot ribbon as shown.
10. Use the Stickles glitter glue to make dots around the circles with the letters "July 4th".