Created by OMC Designer Lindsey
The techniques taught in this layout are layering patterned paper, detail and shapes.
BasicGrey : Picadilly Collection Pack
Tim Holtz : Distress Ink Pad - Walnut Stain
Sizzix : Moves & Shapers Die - Styled Labels by Tim Holtz
Martha Stewart : Punch Around the Page - Vintage Flowers
Martha Stewart : Punch All Over the Page - Flourish Square
Doodlebug : Chunky Brads - Red
Prima : Flower Embellishment
BasicGrey : Picadilly Wood Button
Bazzill Cardstock : 12x12 Classic Orange
Sizzix : eclips Cartridge - Bang! Zoom! and Yarn Alphabet
We R Memory Keepers : Sew Ribbon Punch & Stencil - Shoe Lace
We R Memory Keepers : Sew Ribbon Set - Orange
1. Select a piece of patterned paper from the Picadilly collection to be the base of your layout page and ink the edges with the Walnut Stain ink pad. Cut a strip of patterned paper 3" x 12" and ink the edges. Using the Flourish Square punch, punch out an accent in the top of the 3" x 12" strip. Ink the edges of the cut out. Adhere the strip to the left side of the paper.
2. Cut out letters for name using the eclips cartridge and another patterned page from the Picadilly collection (for this project we used the name "Elizabeth"). Ink the edges. The papers are busy, but the focus of the layout isn’t the name or the heading. Once all the letters are inked, adhere them to the top of the paper.
3. Cut out a 5" x 7" piece of paper and ink edges. Using different patterned paper, cut out three labels using the Tim Holtz die. Ink all of the edges. Adhere the cutouts to the layout with the 5" x 7" piece in the center and the three labels to the right.
4. Use the Sew Ribbon Shoelace tool to cut the pattern out along the botton. Lace the orange ribbon through the holes.
5. Adhere a picture to the 5" x 7" piece of paper.
6. Add embellishments such as Prima flowers, buttons, etc.
7. Add glossy accents over the letters of the name and lay flat to dry.