Birthday Cupcake Card
Created by OMC Designer Lindsey
Basic Grey : Picadilly Collection Pack
Bazzill Cardstock : 12" x 12" Vanilla
Tim Holtz : Distress Ink Pad - Walnut Stain
My Mind's Eye : Twine
Martha Stewart : Punch Around the Page - Vintage Flowers
Core-dinations : Jenni Bowlin 12x12 Assorted Paper - Vintage Brights
Sizzix : Framelites Die Set 8pk - Scallop Circles
Ranger Ink : Liquid Pearls
Ranger Ink : Stickles Glitter Glue
Tim Holtz : Distress Ink Pads
1. Cut the base to your card to size and ink the edges. Cut a piece of red printed paper the same size as you cut the base of your card. Use the Martha Steward punch around the edges. It will take off about 3/4" of the paper. Adhere this piece to the card base.
2. Cut a piece of the vanilla cardstock to fit in the center of the punched, red patterned paper. Adhere to the center of the red, patterned paper.
3. Use the scalloped circle die to cut out a circle of the vanilla cardstock sheet, then cut it in half. Ink the paper and the edges with a distress ink pad.
4. Take another contrasting print and cut a trapezoid shape for the shape of the cupcake wrapper. Cut the scallop circle to fit the wrapper. This is supposed to be the frosting of the cupcake. Adhere both the trapezoid shape and the cut scallop circle to the center of the vanilla cardstock.
5. Using a paper piercer tool, punch through all layers of the front of the card as seen in the picture below. Determine how many candles you want before you start piercing the paper.String twine through the holes to make the candle lines.
6. At the top of the candles, add the Ranger Ink Liquid Pearls and Stickles to make the flames of the candles.