Created by OMC Designer Jill
Wood Designs : Layered Heart
Ranger Ink : Stickles Glitter Glue - Xmas Red
Bazzill Basics: Bling Stones - Kisses (Red)
Oh My Crafts : My Color Acrylic Paint - Phantom
Tim Holtz : Distress Ink Pad - Vintage Photo
K&Company : Designer Paper Pack - Circus Valentine
Mod Podge/Sponge Brush
1. Trace the shape of the piece of wood onto the patterned cardstock you want to use.
2. Cut it out.
3. Place the cut out paper onto the wood using Mod Podge. Apply a pretty thick layer as Mod Podge dries quickly. Press firmly and smooth out any bubbles. Make sure your edges are smoothed down well.Take care not to get too much Mod Podge on the edges of the paper because the distress ink works better on just the paper.
4. Once the Mod Podge is almost dry, sand any extra paper off the edges.
5. Ink the edges of the paper and the wood with the Tim Holtz distress ink. I love using Vintage Photo for brown, well-worn looking edges!
6. Apply another coat of Mod Podge over the top of the paper, but be warned that Mod Podge will smear the ink. I like this effect! Let dry and then embellish with the Stickles and Bling Stones. Apply any other embellishment that you like. Take note that Stickles take a bit of time to dry so be careful not to smudge with your hand as you are working on your project!