Created by OMC Designer Lindsey
Sizzix : eclips Cartridge - Flowers and Phrases
Tim Holtz : Distress Ink Pad - Crushed Olive, Spun Sugar, Wild Honey
My Mind’s Eye : Pins and Buttons
BoBunny : Country Garden Collection Pack
We R Memory Keepers : Cinch Wire Cutters
Hot Glue Gun
6" Styrofoam Ball
Craft Wire: Green
1. Using at least 4 different prints, cut out all your flowers using the eclips cartridge. You will probably want to cut around 75 flowers to cover the entire 6" Styrofoam ball. Cut 15 smaller flowers (size 1.55) out of a bright color of paper.
2. Separate the flowers in half. Using the three ink pads, ink all the edges of one of the halves. The flowers with the inked edges will be the flowers on the top layer as they add the dimension.
3. Using your hot glue gun, cover the ball with the flowers that you didn’t ink. Make sure to overlap the flowers, leaving no spot uncovered.
4. Begin gluing the inked flowers to the ball. Attach some of the flowers with the My Mind's Eye push pins.
5. Gently bend and form the edges of the petals to give them some dimension. You want them to be raised like real petals.
6. Cut out 15 - 3" long pieces of wire. Punch a small hole in each center of the 15 small flowers that you cut out. Push a piece of wire through the hole and into the Styrofoam ball. Curl the wire that is poking out through the small flowers with wire cutters. Add a small glue dot to the flower to hold it in place on the wire.
7. Using spray adhesive, spray the Styrofoam ball and sprinkle the glitter over the adhesive. You can go heavy in some spots for added detail.