SPRING Wood Letters
Created by OMC Designer Jill
Wood Designs : Spring Wood Letters
Tim Holtz : Distress Stain - Brushed Corduroy
Tim Holtz : Distress Ink Pad - Vintage Photo
Inkssentials : Ink Blending Tool
BoBunny : Ambrosia Collection Pack
Stampendous : Fran:tage Glass Glitter : Lavender, Bronze
Martha Stewart : Decoupage Glue and Sealer
Tattered Angels : Glimmer Mist - Sunshine
Small Paint Brush
1. Trace each letter with a different piece of paper from the Ambrosia pack.
2. Cut out each shape.
3. Stain the sides and backs of each wood letter with the distress stain.
4. Glue each piece of paper to its coordinating letter using Mod Podge. Press firmly to press out all bubbles. I like to use a brayer to really get the paper secure. Allow to dry.
5. While your paper is drying you can distress the edges using some sort of sanding tool. I really like to use the Basic Grey Sanding Tool Kit. Use the small tools to get into the intricate parts of these letters!
6. Distress the sides of the papers using the distress ink and an Inkssentials blending tool.
7. Coat the paper and sides of the wood with Mod Podge to seal the ink and paper.
8. I chose to highlight parts of the "S" and the flower pot by adding a bit of sparkle by using the Stampendous Glass Glitter. I added small amounts of decoupage glue and sealer to the wood, then sprinkled small amounts of the crushed glass glitter over the top. Make sure to tap off the excess.
9. I dyed the ribbon for the bow with the glimmer mist by spraying directly on the ribbon and then crunching it up as I dried it with an embossing heater. I had to dye it approximately 6 times to get the right shade of yellow that I needed to match the paper.