Family Puzzle Wood Shape
Created by OMC Designer Jill
Wood Designs: Integrated Family (MDF)
Tim Holtz : Distress Stain - Walnut
Tim Holtz : Distress Ink Pad - Vintage Photo
Teresa Collins : Fabrications Canvas Collection Pack
1. Trace each letter using paper from the collection pack and cut them out.
2. Stain the sides and back of each letter with the distress stain.
3. Glue each piece of paper to its corresponding letter using Mod Podge and a foam paint brush. Press hard to make sure the paper adheres well. I like to use a brayer to really get it down well!
4. File the edges of the wood to take off any excess paper and to distress the edges if that is the look you are going for.
5. Ink the edges using the distress ink.
6. Paint a coat of Mod Podge on the front and sides of the word and let it dry. Make sure the first coat under the paper is dry before doing this to avoid bubbling the paper.
7. Fit the pieces of the puzzle together and display!