Mother's Day Frame
Created by OMC Designer Jill
My Mind's Eye : On the Bright Side Paper Pack - Turquoise, Wool, Small Floral
Martha Stewart : Acrylic Craft Paint - Pool Satin Paint
Tim Holtz : Distress Ink Pad - Tumbled Glass, Vintage Photo
Twelve Timbers : 13" x 15" Unfinished Frame
Prima : Assorted Flower Embellishments - Orange
1. Paint the edges and back of the frame with Martha Stewart Satin Paint.
2. Cut paper to fit the sides, top, and bottom of the frame. The top and bottom of the frame are larger than the 12" x 12" paper so you will need to piece together the paper to make it fit. I loved how the Teal Barn Wood Paper on the sides made the frame look like it had shutters!
3. Paint the bottom part of the frame with Mod Podge and quickly glue your paper down. Press hard to press out any bubbles and excess Mod Podge. Clean off the sides of the frame where the Mod Podge might have pressed out.
4. Repeat step 3 for the top and sides of the of the frame.
5. File the sides of the frame to file off any excess paper and to distress the sides a bit.
6. Ink the edges of the frame with Tim Holtz Distress Ink, using Tumbled Glass on the bottom and Vintage Photo on the sides.
7. Mod Podge the front and sides of the frame to finish it off.
8. Add a Prima flower embellishment to the side.
9. Add a picture of your mother, sister or friend and give as a wonderful Mother's day gift!