Dress Form Wood Shape
Created by OMC Designer Sandy
Wood Designs : Dress Form
Tim Holtz : Distress Stain – Dried Marigold, Brushed Corduroy (any stainto match)
Tim Holtz : Distress Ink Pad – Brushed Corduroy
Mod Podge : 8 oz Matte
Quickie Glue : Pinpoint Roller Adhesive
Elizabeth Craft Design : Glitter Ritz – Simply Pastels Green Tea
1. Lightly sand the edges of the wood with a nail file. Dust off the residue.
2. Trace the dress form.
3. Cut out and trim the shape. Repeat if doing the backside.
4. Stain the edges of the wood shape with the Dried Marigold stain and let dry. Stain the edges of the stand.
5. Using a foam brush, paint an even coat of Mod Podge across the top of the dress form being careful to not get any Mod Podge on the stand. Place the cut out shape on top of the form and use a brayer to roll over the surface. This is an important thing to do to have a nice flat surface when dried.
6. Once dried, use the nail file to sand off the edges so that you have a nice clean edge. Ink the edges with a matching ink.
7. Highlight bits of the design by filling in small areas with the Quickie Glue pen and then immediately sprinkle glitter over the glue. Shake off the excess glitter and allow to dry.
8. Paint a final coat of Mod Podge over the entire piece including the stained portion. The Mod Podge will brighten the stain colors up too.