USA Wood Shape
Created by OMC Designer Jill
Wood Designs : USA (MDF)
Bo Bunny : Weekend Market Paper Pack
Teresa Collins : Fabrications Paper Pack
BoBunny : Double Dot Chiffon Paper
Tim Holtz : Distress Stain - Brushed Corduroy
Tim Holtz : Distress Ink Pad - Vintage Photo
7 Gypsies : Display Trim Corners - Antique Silver
1. Trace each letter onto the paper of your choice and cut the paper shapes out.
2. Stain the sides and back of each letter with the distress stain.
3. Glue each piece of paper to its corresponding letter using Mod Podge and a foam paint brush. Press hard to make sure the paper adheres well. I like to use a brayer to really get it down well.
4. File the edges of the wood to take off any excess paper and to distress the edges.
5. Ink the edges using the distress ink pad.
6. Paint a coat of Mod Podge on the front and sides of the word and allow to dry. Make sure the first coat under the paper is dry before doing this to avoid bubbling the paper.
7. Embellish the USA with the display trim corners. You can ink over the top of the metal with the distress ink to make it look more vintage!