Little Ladies Picture Frame
Created by OMC Designer LindseySupplies Used:
American Crafts : Pretty Party Collection Pack
Lifestyle Crafts : Media - 6x12 Chipboard
Ek Success : EK Tools : Butterfly Layering Punch
EKSuccess : EK Tools : 1 Inch Circle Punch
Martha Stewart : Deep Edge Punch - Doily Lace Trim
Martha Stewart : Deep Edge Punch - Scallop Dot
Tim Holtz : Distress Ink Pad - Brushed Corduroy
My Mind's Eye : Buttons and Brads
1. Cut the Lifestyle Crafts chipboard 6" x 6". Cut a strip of craft paper 6" x 4". Score down the center of the strip (when folded in half the paper should measure 6" x 2"). Add a line of adhesive to all sides of the strip. Attach one side of the paper strip to one of the 6" x 6" chipboard pieces, and attach the other chipboard piece to the other side to create a teepee shape.
2. Cut 2 squares 6" x 6" to fit over the chipboard. Ink the edges of the paper with the Distress Ink Pad. Cut a rectangle out of the center of the front of the frame using an Xacto knife. Once the space is cut out, ink the inside edges of the rectangle. Cover the back of the frame with the second 6" x 6" square.
3. Punch out 7 - 1” circles, and fold each circle into a triangle to create a flower. Ink the edges of each triangle shape. Punch an 8th circle, cover with adhesive, and line up the triangle shapes around the circle. Once the flower is dry, pierce a hole in the middle of the flower and insert a brad.
4. Cut three circles, one large, one medium and one small. Gently crumble all the circles in your hand. Ink the edges, and use a glue dot to layer them all together. Use another glue dot to attach the button in the center of the flower.
5. Using the EK Tools butterfly punch, punch the 2nd option and the 3rd option in contrasting patterns. Ink the edges. Adhere the two butterfly shapes together, one on top of the other. Bend the butterfly wings of the top piece upward. Repeat this step with two more contrasting patterns.
6. Punch 3 strips of paper, 2 in the diamond scallop and 1 in the flower lace. Ink the edges of all the border strips. Glue down the scallop strip first, then the flower lace, then the second scallop strip in the center.
7. Cut 2 squares 6" x 6" and ink the edges. Before you glue the squares to the inside of the frame, adhere two strips of 5" lace ribbon to the bottom corners of the inside of the frame. Adhere the two squares to the inside of the frame. Do not glue the bottom of the 6" x 6" square that you adhere to the inside of the front flap. This way you can insert and take out photos.
8. Layer both flowers on the front of the frame. Adhere the butterfly shapes with foam squares.
9. Insert a picture into the frame and display!