Created by OMC Designer Jill
Wood Designs : Rectangle Blocks Set of 6
My Mind's Eye : On The Sunny Side Paper Pack
Tim Holtz : Distress Stain - Vintage Photo
Tim Holtz : Distress Ink Pad - Vintage Photo
Sizzix : eclips Cartridge - Tween / Look at Me
Bazzill Basics : Black Bird and Desert Sun Jewels
1. Stain the blocks using the distress stain.
2. Cut out the phrase "SUMMER" with the eclips cartridge.
3. Cut out coordinating papers:
2) 2 ½" x 3 ½"
2) 2 ½" x 3 ¼"
2) 2 ½" x 4 ½"
4. Ink the edges of the papers and letters using the distress ink pad.
5. Apply a coat of Mod Podge to the front of the block and adhere the background paper.
6. Adhere the letters using foam squares to make the letters pop off the block.
7. Cut out small squares 1" x 1". Ink the edges and cut the corners of the square to the middle of the square. Bend each of the corners of the square to just over the center to create pinwheel shapes. Glue the flaps of the pinwheels down with adhesive and add a flat brad to the centers.
8. Adhere the pinwheels to each block.