EEK Wood Blocks
Created by OMC Designer Jill
Adams and Co. : Wood Block Set
Tim Holtz : Mini Halloween 3 Stamp Set
Versamark : Dazzle Frost Ink Pad
American Crafts : Zing Embossing Powder - Silver
Ranger Ink : Stickles Dry Fine Glitter - Paprika, Black
Stickles Gliitter Glue : Purple, Lime Green, Black, RedEKSuccess : EK Tools - Tarantula Spider Large Punch
1. Using the Versamark ink pad and the Tim Holtz stamp, stamp on the corners of the block with the spider web and apply the embossing powder. Tap off the excess and emboss using a heat gun. I carefully removed any excess embossing powder with a tiny paint brush in places it should not be!
2. Cut out vinyl lettering the size and font you want to use. Pull out the letters and use the negative vinyl as a stencil! I applied the stencil with transfer tape as it was much easier than trying to apply it without it.
3. Press down firmly on the vinyl to make sure all edges are secure.
4. Paint a coat of Mod Podge over the vinyl and onto the cut out part of the letter. Be very careful not to coat over the sides at all, as you will be dumping glitter onto this and you don’t want to glitter on the sides.
5. Pour glitter on top of your block and press down into the Mod Podge. Let dry!
6. Once dry, carefully lift up your stencil and the glittered letter should be there!
7. Use the Stickles around the edge of each letter to add dimension.
8. Coat the front of the blocks with a matte clear coat to secure the glitter.
9. Punch out a few tarantula shapes, Use the black Stickles on their legs and backs and sprinkle some black dry fine glitter onto them. Use the red Stickles on the fangs. Let dry.