12 Days of Christmas - Day 3 Christmas Matchbox
Saturday, November 10, 2012
Oh My Crafts' 12 Days of Christmas Day 3
Created by OMC Designer Sandy
Eclips or Silhouette electronic die cutting machine
EK Success: Candy Cane Edge punch, Tree punch
Sizzix: Bigz Die Shot, Bow, Create-a-flower
OMC Designer Cuts: Match Box
Ranger: Fired Brick, Mowed Lawn, Disressing tool w/ foam, Walnut, Red Pepper Alcohol Ink
We R Memory Keepers: Crop-a-dile
Bazzill: Ivy, Kraft
K & Co: Speciality Paper
General Craft Supply: Red Metallic paper, Paper Fastener
Adhesive: Glue Glider Pro, Foam Squares
1. Cut top and bottom of box using OMC designer cut, matchbox. Assemble the box by making folds on all score lines. Apply two strips of adhesive to each of the outer folds. See picture.
2. Flip box over and fold half tabs to center and press against fold over flap, repeat on other end.
3. Fold each short end down and then the long sides. The bottom of the box is now complete.
4. Fold scores on matchbox sleeve. Apply two strips of adhesive to right side of short flap, then wrap around the box and seal.
5. Ink all edges of the box.
6. Cut a small insert to fit the box with a matching paper to give some pizazz to the inside of the box.
7. Color the brad by inking the top of the brad to the shade of red desired. Set aside.
8. Cut six medium petals of the bow, 4 of the smallest petal – you can layer three sheets and cut at once. Ink all edges of bow. Fold and assemble bow by placing the four smallest petals on the brad and arrange. Fold medium inked petals and place each of the six petals on the brad and then shape before spreading the tines. Set aside.
9. Cut a 2x12-inch strip of red cardstock and punch both sides of the strip. Gently wrap around the box and shape bellyband to the box. Trim off any excess.
10. Attach bow with foam squares to top of bellyband.
11. Punch tree and adhere to Kraft paper. Carefully trim around tree and ink outer edges. Stamp To/From on tag and attach to bow with holiday bakers twine.
12. Fill and give away!