Glitter Pieces Rainbow
Created by OMC Designer Jill
Black, Orange, Red, Yellow, Purple, Blue, and Green Craft Paint
Wood Designs : Rainbow
Tim Holtz : Distress Ink Pad - Vintage Photo
Sizzix : eclips Cartridge - Holiday
Bazzill Basics : 12x12 Cardstock - Black
Ranger Ink : Stickles Glitter Glue - Gold
Krylon: Glossy Clear Sealing Spray
Doodlebug : Chunky Glitter
1.Paint the back and sides of each layer of the rainbow with black craft paint.
2. Paint the front of each layer starting with the very smallest with the different colors of craft paing: purple, blue, green, yellow, orange, and red.
3. With a large nail file, file the edges and ink them with the Vintage Photo distress ink.
4. One at a time, paint each layer with a thick coat of Mod Podge. While the mod podge is still wet sprinkle the coordinating color of glitter on each layer. Press down lightly with your fingers to secure as much glitter as possible. Once you stand the layer up, tap lightly on your work surface to shake off excess glitter.
HINT: Use a piece of paper to tap the excess glitter onto. If you keep the colors separate you can put the excess glitter back into it’s container. When putting the glitter back into the container, bend the paper and make a crease. It makes it easier to pour the glitter back into the container.
5. In a well ventilated area, spray the glitter with a glossy clear sealing spray. I used a Krylon glossy clear. Allow to dry completely.
6. Cut out a pot of gold using the Holiday Cartridge and the black cardstock.
7. Using the gold Stickles, write out the words, “Pot of Gold” onto the black cardstock. Also draw some lines to create the look of coins in the pot. Allow to dry.